Edinburgh – Beginner’s Photography Class (1day)
£145.00 FOR PERSONAL, ONE-TO-ONE TUITION (Bring along a friend for free!)
Private, one-to-one tuition. Learn Manual in just one day. We’ll even lend you and a friend a DSLR camera for free!
If you’ve just received a new DSLR camera and all the buttons on it look a little terrifying – then let us demystify all the technicalities for you. We’ll have you shooting in Manual in just one day and set you up for a lifetime of taking beautiful photos. If we don’t get you feeling comfortable & happy with your camera in just one day – we’ll refund all your money, no questions asked.
You don’t even need a DSLR Camera to take this class – we’ll lend you and a friend a DSLR camera for FREE!
- £145 for 5 hours personal, one-to-one tuition, plus bring along a friend for FREE!
- Learn Manual mode in just 1 day – or your money back.
- FREE DSLR camera hire for every beginner & FREE photography guide.
- A private class to ensure you get our undivided attention at all times.
- Complimentary tea & coffee break.
- BOOKING LINE: 07400 705 357
- BUY ONLINE HERE
About our Beginner’s Photography Class
The aim of this one day photography course in Edinburgh is to demistify the workings of your camera and to take complete creative control of your camera for the first time. Classes are PRIVATE so you get as much UNDIVIDED time with your tutor as possible.
Whether you’ve just been given a new digital camera, or you’ve been stuck in automatic mode for years, our tutor will cut through all the jargon and complicated technicalities to help you take full creative control of your camera.
The first hour will be spent going over some basic theory helped by some coffee/tea and cake (on us). The next 4 hours will be spent out-and-about in Edinburgh, putting into practice what you’ve learned. The instructor will patiently take you through the workings of your camera, step-by-step, all the way to mastering Manual mode. We will take a twenty minute comfort/snack break at 1.30 pm.
At the end of this course you will receive a free pdf guide covering all aspects taught on the course. To purchase this course please Click Here, or book directly with David on 07400 705 357.
Edinburgh Course Details
Class Instructor: David Wheater
Suitability: Beginners and anyone struggling to get off automatic modes
Suitable Cameras: All digital dSLRs and Compact System Cameras with Manual Control
FREE Camera Hire: You don’t need a camera. We’ll lend you (and a friend) a DSLR for FREE!
Duration: 5 hours
Times: 11am – 4pm
Price: £145 for a private one-to-one class.
Extras: Complimentary tea/coffee n’ cake and a free PDF Guide to everything covered on the course.
What Will I Learn?
- Holding your camera
- The anatomy of your camera and its lens
- The exposure triangle: understanding and balancing ISO, shutter speed and aperture
- Using slow and fast shutter speeds
- Aperture and depth of field
- ISO – the sensitivity of your camera’s sensor and ‘noise’
- Auto ISO benefits
- Advanced Modes: Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual Mode
- Understanding the exposure scale
- The exposure metering system and metering patterns
- Fine tuning exposure and exposure compensation
- Autofocus modes: One Shot, Continuous and Auto
- Focusing and reframing
- Lenses and focal length
- Basic rules of composition and exploring angles
If you have a question about this course, or would like to book, please call David on 07400 705 357.
t. 07400 705 357
GIFT VOUCHERSFor Christmas & Birthdays
David Wheater, Founder
Welcome to Photography Tuition Scotland, which was set up to help new photographers take full creative control of their camera and enjoy a lifetime of wonderful photography.
David is a professional photographer and a finalist commended photographer in the 2017 Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year awards.