Dundee – Beginner’s Photography Class (1day)
The ultimate step-by-step class for new digital photographers in Dundee, Scotland.
- £166 for you AND a friend (two people).
- Free camera hire for every beginner.
- BOOKING LINE: 07400 705 357
The aim of this one day photography course in Dundee is to demistify the workings of your camera and to take complete creative control of your camera for the first time. Class sizes are kept to a maximum of two people.
Whether you’ve just been given a new digital camera, or you’ve been stuck in automatic mode for years, our tutor will cut through all the jargon and complicated technicalities to help you take full creative control of your camera.
The first hour will be spent going over some basic theory helped by some coffee/tea and cake (on us). The next 4 hours will be spent out-and-about in Dundee, putting into practice what you’ve learned. The instructor will patiently take you through the workings of your camera, step-by-step, all the way to mastering Manual mode. We will take a twenty minute comfort/snack break at 1.30 pm.
At the end of this course you will receive a free pdf guide covering all aspects taught on the course. To purchase this course please Click Here, or book directly with David on 07400 705 357.
Dundee Course Details
Class Instructor: David Wheater
Suitability: Beginners and anyone struggling to get off automatic modes
Suitable Cameras: All digital dSLRs and Compact System Cameras with Manual Control
FREE Camera Hire: Free for all students
Duration: 5 hours
Times: 11am – 4pm
Price: £166 for private classes of up to 2 people.
Extras: Complimentary tea/coffee n’ cake and a free PDF Guide to everything covered on the course.
What Will I Learn?
- Holding your camera
- The anatomy of your camera and its lens
- The exposure triangle: understanding and balancing ISO, shutter speed and aperture
- Using slow and fast shutter speeds
- Aperture and depth of field
- ISO – the sensitivity of your camera’s sensor and ‘noise’
- Auto ISO benefits
- Advanced Modes: Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual Mode
- Understanding the exposure scale
- The exposure metering system and metering patterns
- Fine tuning exposure and exposure compensation
- Autofocus modes: One Shot, Continuous and Auto
- Focusing and reframing
- Lenses and focal length
- Basic rules of composition and exploring angles
Please remember that you don’t need to own a camera to take this class. We have a selection of DSLR cameras which can be used free of charge on the day.
If you have a question about this course, or would like to book, please call David on 07400 705 357.
t. 07400 705 357
GIFT VOUCHERSFor Christmas & Birthdays
David Wheater, Founder
Welcome to Photography Tution Scotland, which was set up to help new photographers take full creative control of their camera and enjoy a lifetime of wonderful photography.